Traditional Worship Leader/Choir Director
Posted: May 8, 2017
St. Paul United Methodist Church in Largo, FL is a growing and mission oriented church. We are looking for a Christ centered worship leader able to bring the congregation closer to God through passionate and energetic leadership. Worship Leader must demonstrate a deep and abiding relationship with God, excellent abilities in leading choir, directing vocal ensembles, leading hand bell choir, and strong communication skills. Must enjoy working in a team atmosphere and be able to spiritually guide, lead, recruit, and schedule gifted vocalists and musicians.
Primary responsibilities include:
- participating in weekly worship working alongside a team
- scheduling and directing choir pieces, vocalists, hand bell choir and musicians, along with coordinating rehearsals
- selecting hymns, anthems, special music, seasonal programs and communicating plans to the team
- leading worship Sunday mornings and during special worship times
- working and planning ahead for special music, special worship, events, assisting with musical library maintenance
Ideal candidate is relational, humble, team player, organized, strives for excellence, and self-motivated. Position is paid hourly with a maximum of 25 hours per week. Schedule may be negotiated. No additional benefits are available at this time. Please send your resume to the attention of Laurel Fortuna, Senior Director of Music and Worship Arts.
Assistant Preschool Director
Posted: April 25, 2017
We are looking for a full time Assistant Director who is passionate about early childhood education. Hours are weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It is preferred that applicants have completed their 45 hours and will have up to date CDA or FCCPC, CPR trainings and First Aid. We are seeking someone who has positive communication skills; with strengths in spoken and written communication.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess a genuine love for and enjoyment of people, especially children.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Staff Credential or CDA Director Credential; VPK endorsed preferred
- Prefer a college degree, preferably in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business practices.
- At least one year experience working in an administrative position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ProCare software program.
- Completion of the 40 hour Introductory Child Care Training and Early Literacy
- Training requirement as required by the Department of Children and Family Services.
- Current and valid certificate of course completion from an on-site instructor based skills assessment training for pediatric first aid training and infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) procedures.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 40 pounds, climbing stairs, standing for more than two hours at a time, stooping and bending, and ability to communicate orally and to hear.
- The willingness and desire to work as part of a Christian ministry team.
- Understand and be able to implement Christian discipline.
Interested in serving at our preschool? Send your resume to Brittany Smyrski.