Summer Camp Counselor
Job Type: Part Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, attentive Camp Counselor to lead, support, and motivate campers as they enjoy all that the camp has to offer. The Camp Counselor will help lead group events, monitor campers and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents, log events and maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. You should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience. To succeed as a Camp Counselor, you should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. You should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
- The completion of sophomore year of high school.
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours Mon. Fri. from 6/14/21 - 8/6/21 during day camp hours.
- Willingness to obtain prior to first day of summer camp CPR and First Aid certified .(We will offer a training before summer begins)
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- Ability to pass a background check, a physical, and proof of immunizations.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in staff meetings.
To apply: Fill out Online Application
Assistant Camp Director
Job Type: Full Time
- 2 years prior staff supervisory experience
- Experience working with children and teenagers
- Must be available to work scheduled shifts between the hours of 7:00-6:00, Monday - Friday and on a rotating schedule
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and dependable
- Personable, patient, and positive disposition
- Ability to walk long distances, stand for long periods of time, tolerate heat and humidity, bend, lift and carry up to 30 pounds, and use cleaning agents
- Willingness to obtain prior to first day of summer camp CPR and First Aid certified (We will offer a training before summer begins)
- Acceptance of all people regardless of race or economic background
- Level 2 background screening and fingerprinting completed prior to first day of summer camp. Employment is subject to passing of background screening
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement faith based curriculum and hands-on activities for the children
- Participate in all summer camp staff meetings and training
- Participate in all summer camp registration and meet/greet events
- Responsible for camp operations and staff in the absence of the Director of Children’s Ministry
- Monitor the daily camp program and report any concerns or challenges to the Director of Children’s Ministry
- Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry in coordinating the camp programs and activities
- Collect weekly tuition fees and/or record payments to camper account database
- Manage camper sign-in and out procedures and update records
- Facilitate and delegate camp work projects and daily activity assignments with camp staff
- Responsible for tracking inventory and submitting requests for snacks and craft supply replenishment
- Greet and check-in/out families in a friendly, positive, inviting way to provide consistency and familiarity
- Care for the children in the room as assigned or designated during assigned shift
- Maintain summer camp space cleanliness and sanitation as required by the Safe and Clean Care checklist