Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
Son Kissed Preschool is an established, full-time, preschool ministry of St. Paul United Methodist Church in Largo, Fl. We are looking for teachers to help provide both an academic and faith foundation for children. Teachers should be loving, energetic, flexible, responsible and able to work well in a team.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Classroom experience preferred
- FL VPK or preschool teacher credential required
- CDA required
- 40 clock hours required
- Able to pass background screening
To apply: Send your resume to our Preschool Director, Monica Burney.
Summer Camp Counselor
We are looking for an enthusiastic, attentive Camp Counselor to lead, support, and motivate campers as they enjoy all that the camp has to offer. The Camp Counselor will help lead group events, monitor campers and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents, log events and maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. You should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience. To succeed as a Camp Counselor, you should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. You should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
- The completion of sophomore year of high school.
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours Mon. Fri. from 6/14/21 - 8/6/21 during day camp hours.
- Willingness to obtain prior to first day of summer camp CPR and First Aid certified (We will offer a training before summer begins)
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- Ability to pass a background check, a physical, and proof of immunizations.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- St. Paul’s Camp XP is a religious organization, camp counselors are expected to participate and lead daily worship and prayer. Counselors are also expected to carry themselves with the fruits of the spirits and model grace and understanding for campers.
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment. Including Covid 19 safety precautions such as wearing facial coverings to foster a healthy work environment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in staff meetings.