2024 High School Missions Trip
Port Charlotte, FL
Dates: March 10-15
This March we're heading to Port Charlotte, FL for our spring break missions trip. This area was hit hard by Hurricane Ian, and we'll be working with UMCOR to help with the ongoing clean-up and repairs.
Cost: $150. One payment will be due by Sunday, February 18. This covers meals, lodging, supplies.
We'll be staying at Wintergarden Presbyterian Church in Port Charlotte in bunk trailers that fit up to 16 people. See photos below.
EVERY volunteer should have the following items with them
- Closed-toed tennis shoes or heavy-soled work boots
- Work clothes (Jeans or modest shorts); Shirts with sleeves
- Bring a long-sleeve shirt (a must if working with insulation)
- Remember all clothes may get dirty, ruined, painted or stained.
- Safety Glasses or goggles
- Supply of N-95 masks
- Work gloves
- Paint Brush
- A personal water bottle/canteen
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Sleeping bag
- Shower Shoes
- Bag or caddy for shower items and clean clothes
- Trash bag for dirty clothes
- Phone Charger
St. Paul UMC Parental Consent Form (must be filled out for each student once per school year)
Everyone joining us on the trip must fill out a Volunteer Form. Student forms must be notarized.