Handicapable Ministry is looking for a volunteer to be our Special Olympics Coach. State requirements to serve as a volunteer Special Olympics Coach include:
- Complete a Class A Volunteer form and submit it to Special Olympics, along with a copy of one’s driver’s license.
- Complete a Protective Behavior Course as well as a short Concussion Course which is done online. This is good for 3 years.
- Make sure all athletes’ medical forms are up to date.
- Schedule practices.
- Become certified in bowling and track and field in order to take the athletes to State Games. Certification is good for 3 years.
- Attend a coaches meeting once a year in August.
If you believe God is nudging you to find out more about serving in this capacity please reach out to Maria Sauter (727-418-0141) or Horton Townes (727-584-8165 Ext. 206) for more information.